By Jim Proppe, Managing Partner
As CPAs and business advisors, we’re fortunate to work with some of the most successful organizations around and we have been pleased that our sponsorship of Michigan Radio has helped us to connect with these leaders and share information that is useful to them.
We’ve have also found that the leaders of these organizations have built powerful careers and are willing to share their advice in our “Learn from leaders” blog. Here are some of their best tips for success:
1. An idea doesn’t have to be perfect. Don’t let perfection paralyze decision-making. Linda Hubbard, President and COO, Carhartt
2. You can’t provide quality service to your customers unless you first provide quality service to your staff. Randy Bufford, CEO, Trilogy Health Service
3. Embrace endurance: nothing significant is easy or immediate. Ron Kagan, CEO, Detroit Zoo
4. Embrace innovation: look at things differently, be responsive to what people want, and imagine what that means for the future. Roger Myers, CEO, Presbyterian Villages
5. When you lead, lead with passion. Others will follow — and when they do, they’ll become part of the journey. Scott Becker, CEO, Chromaflo
Whether you want to succeed in business or in life, we think their inspiring insights are worth hearing and sharing.